Filtering By Logged In User

Thanks for the quick repply Jeff! The situation I’m in is similar to the one in this thread, I have a column with multiple emails, so the type is “Relation” and I can’t change that. Can’t I use this column then?

Just to clarify, if the “relation” column is generated automatically (by naming columns Email 1, Email 2, Email 3… I can filter by signed-in user), but if the relation column is added by me I can’t (even if it contains emails). Is that correct?

I just want to clarify what you mean by relation column. What you are describing with the Email 1, Email 2, etc. is an array. Not a relation. A relation is link between 2 sheets. The icon may look similar, but they are entirely different things. Can you also explain what you mean by “but if the relation column is added by me”? Better yet, if you have screenshots, that helps too.

Thanks for clearing that up, I am completely new to glide and as the icon was so similar I assumed both array columns and relation columns were the same.

After a bit of playing around I found the solution to my issue.

What I am trying to creatre is basically an app for employees of a company to be able to quickly and collaboratively take minutes of department meetings. I had an array column that I used so that employees can only see minutes of departments they belong to, and a relation column to display an inline list of people who have access to those minutes. I wanted to be able to use the relation column to do the per user email validation, but it was not working even though emails were being displayed (email was the first column in my employees sheet). However, by making a lookup column based on that relation column that looked up the email field, the information was the same but I was now able to use the lookup column for per user validation.

TLDR: I had a relation column with emails and I thought I could use that directly for per user validation, I didn’t realize I had to add a lookup column that looked up those same emails first and use that instead.

1 Like

Yep that’s perfect. Kind of what I suspected was happening. I would have suggested exactly what you figured out.