Filter rows by signed in user's unique id

When does the UID get created? My use case is the following: New user enters email/PIN code through the Glide screen. Once in the app, if it is a new user (no username, or other data in the Profile row), the user is taken to a screen to populate these items and then Save the profile. If UID requires a form entry, then that would create a new row in Profiles, so I have user going to a Tab and editing/entering the remaining profile data. Somewhere in the flow, UID is not getting created.

A unique ID needs to be deliberately set by a unique ID special value. It’s an auto generated value, but needs to be set by the special value column. It’s not automatic in the way that Row ID automatically fills in whenever a new row is generated. Is there any reason why you are not using the Row ID in place of the Unique ID? Are rows automatically added by the User Profiles process when a user signs in? Is your Complete Profile screen just a details screen? If it’s a details screen, I don’t think you will have access to the Unique ID special value to set the Unique ID column, like you do when you are on an Add/Edit/Form screen, or the AddRow/SetColumns actions.

Basically, you need to set the value. It won’t automatically appear. Only Row ID does that.

1 Like