Filter Not Working (Using JSON data columns in the collection's Filter)

Hi All
Collection is not displaying as expected. Best way to illustrate is with this video.
Filter Issue

The filter on the collection is “Does the array contain the JSON string of the record in the helper table.”
I have compared the strings:
Array data:

1 {“standard”:“Time & Attendance”,“offence”:“Unauthorised absence from the work station”,“consequences”:[“First Offence: Written Warning”,“Second Offence: Final Written Warning”,“Third Offence: Termination With Notice”],“rationale”:“Henry Olonga’s consistent mid-week absences without valid illness and never longer than a single day at a time fall under unauthorised absence and potentially habitual absenteeism if it meets the criteria of 5 absences per quarter.”}

Record JSON:

1 {“standard”:“Time & Attendance”,“offence”:“Unauthorised absence from the work station”,“consequences”:[“First Offence: Written Warning”,“Second Offence: Final Written Warning”,“Third Offence: Termination With Notice”],“rationale”:“Henry Olonga’s consistent mid-week absences without valid illness and never longer than a single day at a time fall under unauthorised absence and potentially habitual absenteeism if it meets the criteria of 5 absences per quarter.”}

They are identical and so there is a match - the underlying data is there, but the collection is not displaying the record.

Initially the filter works as expected when adding items to the “selected” group but “breaks down” if I try to update the array with the remove array column, despite the underlying data being updated as expected.

Can anyone see what the issue is?

Update.
I am not sure why my initial set up did not work (no coder here :smile:) but I discovered that using template columns to represent both the array of JSON and the record JSON column to text strings, and using these in the collection filter, resolved the issue and the filters are working as expected.
Hope someone else might find this helpful!

hmm, you were originally using JSON Object/JSON Template columns, yes?

Seems this is one more data point that demonstrates that these columns are buggy.

cc @Robert_Petitto

Hi
The column being queried was an array column with JSON data and the string i was searching for was a query JSON column.

Yes, okay. I think what is happening is the Query JSON result gets cached and doesn’t always update when the source data changes. I’ve seen variations of this behaviour with all 3 of the JSON columns.

1 Like

Is this the one we were talking about related to the API calls?

Yes, I believe so.

1 Like

What is the issue with API calls… does it cache and not update when source data changes?

Yeah, specifically with some of the JSON columns.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.