been using Glide for a couple of months and I love it !
Just wanted to share my first app that provides random user-specific content.
So …are you stuck with a creative block? Try my Glide App version of Oblique Strategies, a card-based method for promoting creativity created by Brian Eno and Peter Schmidt (wikipedia).
Each card offers a challenging constraint intended to help artists (particularly musicians) break creative blocks by encouraging lateral thinking.
Special thanks to @Robert_Petitto for the user-specific and random content tutorials!
For the curious...
…here’s the recipe:
- Bulk imported card ids and text from this API: http://brianeno.needsyourhelp.org/info
- Followed this tutorial by @Robert_Petitto to make the card inline list user-specific
- Followed this tutorial by @Robert_Petitto (again! ) for the randomic generation of cards
- Followed this Cloudinary blog post to overlay the card text into a simple white rectangle picture
- Created a macro that erases a row on card requests spreadsheet triggered by Google Apps Script every x minutes so I don’t exceed the 500 rows free app limit (there are >450 cards in here!)
Hope you like it.
Let me know what you think!