Dynamic Choice Options

Was playing around with an idea for a fantasy app and found a great use for the Screen context, for a problem where we have all tried to find some or the other solution.

https://www.loom.com/share/221b5cec364349b89fdb3cf2e453eda9

For the second choice component, I have filtered the options by using the value for Choice A from the Screen context.

Apologies if this has been shared before.

9 Likes

was thinking about doing something similar where first choice would be Continent and second would be country. Trying to figure out how to run a lookup on the first choice to provide choices for second … any ideas?

hi, you just need to filter the 2nd choice component with the “Screen” option and select “Continent” in the list

2 Likes

You can make a Table of Continents, and a Table of Countries that also has a Column for its Continent. Then you make the relation between the two Tables.

On the interface you can have a Choice Component for the Continents, and then another for Country. You apply a Filter on the Country Choice that references the Continent Relation. (This is a quick answer without everything being exactly correct.)

2 Likes

And how can I (in my particular app) add both values (choosen continent AND choosen country) in a (third) main table?

Use the values that were selected in the choice components. If a related row in the 3rd table already exists, use a Set Column Values action. Otherwise Add a Row.

1 Like