Duplicate a Row in Glide Table

I’m not sure about that, it seems he wants to duplicate the property details for multiple users renting the same property. It might help to make a nickname for the individual properties and then relate to them in a separate table. Details of the users, and details of the properties should be two separate tables, and then a join table could be used to merge the two as a user/property unique combination.

From what i understand, he want’s to repeat apartment values for each user, so he don’t need to copy and paste

thank you team, @BlakeWS is correct. That is what I was trying to do. I just tried it and that works but I am having another issue that is does not allow me to implement that solution. It is a little complicated. So what I am trying to do is that based on the email of the user (previously populated) a different property will be presented. Speaking with Thinh, he recommend that I use the tab visibility login when user email is signed in user. That solution works, however what I have found out that the only way it works is that I need to have all the columns in the same table or it will not work. Am I doing something wrong? I tried to do it on other tables and it does not work the dynamic login functionality that I need.

thank you all for trying to help, really appreciated,

Since you’re populating the list of emails, you can also add the property name or UID to the user, that references back to the properties table. Then when the user signs-in there can be a welcome screen tuned for them, and a button shown that will take them to the property assigned to them using visibility or a filter, depending on whether it’s a separate tab per property, or a details page. (I think - I’m not an expert…)

1 Like

I think you meant filter not visibility :wink:

Blake is right about the redundancy of data, I believe his approach of adding a table of properties is also ok. In the user profiles sheet, you can have a “Property ID” column alongside the email. Then in the Properties table, use a multiple relation and a joined list to return a list of emails that have owned that property at some point.

Then what you would want to use as the filter in your home page, which will now be built on top of the Properties tab, is user’s email is included in joined list of owners. Assuming people only own 1 at anytime.

thank you team, excited to try it out. I will work on it today and tomorrow and provide feedback.
as usual thank you everyone, the support here is really good. #grateful
best

2 Likes