Does anyone have any examples of using Markdown in a Template Column

TIA - Trying to see how markdown handles a table and not having any luck with a readable/usable table.

This is the example from Markdown table: How to Create a Great Looking Table - Markdown Land. I pasted this:

Item Price # In stock
Juicy Apples 1.99 7
Bananas 1.89 5234

into an RT component expecting something that looks like this:

I plugged this into an RT component:

And got this:

Thanks

Yep, that’s exactly the problem I had with markdown tables in glide. It doesn’t render them very well. If it spanned the entire width of the screen it wouldn’t be so bad, but it smashes everything together, and no amount of extra empty characters could make it look nice in my case. I have a lot of variable text lengths, so I need my cells to float and adapt to fill the screen appropriately. You can try padding with empty characters, but it won’t be a great result.

1 Like

Hysterical! Cause whoever they outsource the community.glideapps.com to implemented “markdown tables” correctly cause the table came out looking fine when I typed in the markdown table.

But when I typed the same text into an RT component it looked like this in Glide:

Yeah, I’ve noticed that other places as well. There’s several different markdown engines out there. I really don’t know if it’s the engine that glide uses, or the way it integrated into the glide architecture, or if it’s a homegrown solution, but every engine has it’s own subtle nuances when rendering markdown into html.

This forum is based on https://www.discourse.org/

1 Like

Welcome to 1995 :wink:

1 Like