Display a gif before component display

I would like to display a gif on details screen before displaying a hidden component. Is it possible?

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Yes, it is posible.

Take a look at this.

https://cajeroscondinero.glideapp.io/

I managed that by setting a visibility condition where the pic/gif is displayed when the choice component is empty.

The choice component resets itself when the app is closed.

2 Likes

Thanks for responding and sharing @SantiagoPerez! Really nice gif and app btw!

I trying to do something different. My apologies for not explaining in detail. I want my user to click a button than should lead to a gif like spinning wheel to pop up for a sec and then another component should show up after a sec. All happening when the user is logged in and working on app.

3 Likes

Sorry for misunderstanding your idea. I’m not sure that is actually possible with glide at the moment but I might be wrong.

Either @Jeff_Hager or @ThinhDinh might have a great idea on how to accomplish it.

3 Likes

@SantiagoPerez thanks for your help!

1 Like

Not possible at the moment. You’d need a pause or wait action which doesn’t exist…not yet anyway.

5 Likes

Thanks @Robert_Petitto. I thought so too but needed to confirm.

Yeah I agree we can’t do this now. Would come in handy for a lot of situations I imagine.

1 Like

Hmm what if you had an image (thumbnail of the gif with a play symbol in the middle). Tie this to an increment action. Once incremented, hide thumbnail and show the actual GIF. Tapping the gif image could perform the opposite increment and return the thumbnail to view. Haven’t tried this, but in theory it should work.

3 Likes

Yeah but it needs extra actions from the user’s side, not sure of a good way to tell them to tap that UX-wise. Thanks for the idea anyway :smile:

2 Likes

Thanks @kyleheney. I have done this in other parts of app but I believe it would appear counterintuitive to touch the spinning wheel gif. I appreciate your response :slight_smile: and agree with @ThinhDinh on this one :slight_smile:

1 Like