Difference between mark-up and HTML tag

Hi everyone, it’s my first time here in forum, although i already developed an app with an automatic dashboard for monitoring polio cases.

Im using a lot of HTML tags, but worrying much since HTML is being discouraged by developers.

Thanks in advance…

It’s Markdown that is officially supported and there is a big difference. Markdown was written for bloggers the allow them to type very fast without having to click icons or use the mouse, but is limited in features. It was designed mostly for text but does allow you to insert image and rudimentary tables. Check out dillinger.io for some examples and explore from there. It is not as extensive as HTML.

Below is how I typed this into the forum.

It's Markdown that is officially supported and there is a big difference. Markdown was written for *bloggers* the allow them to type very **fast** without having to click icons or use the mouse, but is limited in features. It was designed mostly for text but does allow you to insert image and rudimentary tables. Check out dillinger.io for some examples and explore from there. It is ~~not as extensive~~ as HTML.

Thanks @George_B