Difference between components choice

There is a difference between components (choice), one of them gives me “source” and the other does not

Does anyone have an idea about this?

لقطة الشاشة 2022-10-02 115834

Your images have not finished uploading. Please try to upload them again.

What are those column types that you are trying to write the choice selections to?

The first looks like a relation - or maybe an AirTable link column?
Screen Shot 2022-10-02 at 5.28.38 PM

And the second looks like a lookup .
Screen Shot 2022-10-02 at 5.28.51 PM

If that is a lookup, then I’m surprised that you could even select it.

Anyway, I expect that’s what’s making the difference, but I don’t think I can explain it without more context.

I used the same column and the problem still persists!

Not enough information. You haven’t explained what those column types are. What do you get if you target both choice components at a basic text column?

Brother, it doesn’t let you choose the source so you can choose the column
Are you understand me?

I understand, but you haven’t answered any of my questions.

When I ask questions, it’s not because I’m bored and have nothing better to do. It’s because I’m trying to gather more information so that I can help you with your problem. And if you ignore those questions, then it kind of makes it difficult to help, as I’m reduced to making guesses.

Hola!

That’s a bug I’ve seen for 2-3 weeks now.

The “Write to” field stars pointing to a wrong column when it’s first created and you have to modify it manually.

When I first saw it I said… WTF?? :grinning:

@SantiagoPerez can help with this soon

Saludos!

Like @Darren_Murphy pointed out, writing to a relation is not normal and usually shouldn’t work, but there is some feature with Airtable Linked records that allows you to do this, but I’m not familiar with Airtable to understand how it works.

Likewise, writing to a lookup column is not normal and shouldn’t work either.

Typically you do not set a choice component to Write To a computed column as computed columns do not hold data. They just compute it. I’ve seen other posts where setting the Write To value to something bigger than a basic column type will cause the weird things you are seeing. In most cases, you should not be able to select a computed column as the destination Write To value with the exception of Airtable Link Records which will appear like relations but work slightly different.

3 Likes