Develope with two screens

The App development is not user-friendly since I frequently need to switch from the Layout view to the Data editor view.
If I try to open Glide in an additional chrome window the first window is logged off.
How can I open Glide for App development in two parallel windows?
THX

At the moment there’s no way to open the same app’s builder in 2 separate tabs.

If you want to do that, really the only way is to make a copy of your App, and open the copy in a second window.

By the way, have you noticed the Data View that’s available from the Layout?

The Data view will do the job.
Thank you!!
P.s.
If I want to display a top view of a car seats (2 in the front and 3 in the back) and display Passengers icons on each seat according to a table. How would you suggest me to do the layout?
Attached is a sketch for example:
צילום מסך 2022-10-03 141713

To arrange the images on the screen, you could use an Inline List with a tiles layout.

If the images need to be dynamically generated, then your best bet is probably Cloudinary.

I’m not sure this is the solution since I think the tiles will display the same seat of several rows.
My need is to display Seat1, Seat2, Seat3… from the same row’s data (each seat occupancy is in a defferent column). See attached:
SeatsTable

Each row could have a different passengers occupancy, so switching from one row to another should update the seats occupancy.

Should the individual images be clickable?

Not necessarily, but it could help.

Okay, a couple more questions:

• does the number of seats to be shown change depending on which row is selected, or is it always 5 seats?
  • is the arrangement of the images important? ie. should it always be 2 seats in the first row and 3 in the second row?
  • do you have pre-prepared images for each seat type?

I’d still lean towards using an Inline List. It’s a bit trickier given that your seats are arranged horizontally rather than vertically in the table, but it can still be done. But it depends on how you answer the above questions.

OK,

• I have two types of cars: 5 seater and 7 seater. Each row data defines which car type it is and what Passengers occupancy.
  • YES. The 5 seater is: 2 in the front (Driver in seat1, and passenger in seat 2), 3 in the 2nd row (seats 3+4+5) . The 7 seater has 2 more in the 3rd row (The seats order is important).
  • Yes, See passengers table attached.

For example: “Hat” means a passenger wearing a hat.

I can suggest two approaches, although neither of them is particularly straightforward.

• Option 1
    – Use 3 inline list components with a tiles layout. 2 tiles for the first row, 3 for the second, and 2 for the third. You can use visibility conditions to control when the third list is shown.
    – One challenge with this is that by default the images in the 2 tile rows will be larger than those in the 3 tile row. But you might be able to adjust that with some CSS (I haven’t tried that, so I don’t know for a fact)
    – You will need to dynamically transpose each set of columns into a vertical list as each row is selected. To learn how to do that, check the “Miracle Method
    – Advantages of this approach is that it can be done entirely within Glide, and you can also make each seat image clickable

• Option 2
    – Use Cloudinary to dynamically generate a single image with the appropriate number of rows and seat images
    – You would need to prepare two base (blank) template images - one for a 5 seater and another for a 7 seater
    – As a row was selected, you would dynamically overlay the appropriate images on the appropriate base template
    – Advantage of this approach is that you could size and place the images with precision
    – Disadvantage is that if you’re not already familiar with Cloudinary, there will be a steep learning curve
    – Also, as you’d just be displaying a single image, it wouldn’t be possible to make individual seats clickable.

Personally, I would probably use the Cloudinary option (assuming that I didn’t need individual seats clickable). But that’s only because I already know how to do it that way. If you’re not familiar with Cloudinary, and prefer not to deal with the learning curve, then you might find option 1 easier to deal with.

Or, somebody might come along and suggest an Option 3 :wink:

Thank you for the detailed answer.
I think the first approach is more suitable for me. I will dig deep into “Miracle Method".
hopefully, a white smoke will arise.