Design options in calendar view

As you see in the pic below (a real screen capture from an IPhone X) this calendar view presents a not so aesthetic wrapped date.

A bunch of possible design solutions would fix that as disabling including the events count or changing typography, but the calendar view is still poor in design customization.

More customization in calendar view would be great.

In the meanwhile… any idea to avoid this issue?

Thanks

2 Likes

Probably by making your date shorter? I know you probably don’t want that though.

I’m not sure if you can change the date formatting for the calendar layout. I think it’s pre-set base on your locale. I’m guessing this particular translation makes it longer than some other languages. I only say that because the calendar is pretty smart in being able to recognize almost anything remotely resembling a date, even if it’s not recognized as a date format in the data editor. It’s very forgiving.

@darder you could consider creating your own calendar with a cards layout and grouping instead.

1 Like

Thanks @Jeff_Hager & @ThinhDinh

I’ve also designed other personalized calendar views in my app, grouping by and showing customized data formats, pictures of the event etc, but I would like to have the chance to use that simpler view of the calendar layout and I think GLIDE TEAM should improve design options for this layout, don’t you agree?

Thanks for your suggestions…

5 Likes