Delay Open Link Action

Yeah thats the plan!

1 Like

Good luck. If you find a way to hide the browser window PLEASE let me know :pray:t2:

1 Like

Can you share how your actions are set up to write the row and then show how you are building the url?

If you are wanting to create a delay thats more than 2 seconds may I suggest running a script, the delay in the script trigger might be enough time for this to work.

I’m guessing the URL will just be web hook address + query string using name:value pairs?

Hi Jeff I have attached some screen shots.

1. Form buttons - for each timesheet entry
  2. Form components with Special Value - TimesheetID field at the bottom with red highlights
  3. Webhook template column - TimesheetID column is used as the recordID variable in the URL.
    The value sent to the webhook is different to the value saved to the sheet for the row. I will link to a video to show this in action. https://www.loom.com/share/3bfc3d8e239648eea4cee6d146cf2628
    Thanks for the help. Cheers BradAction
    I’ve added the compound action. This was a lot more complicated trying to create a delay, but I have removed the unnecessary actions & reverted to a simple open link - webhook.
1 Like

@Mark I have a question regarding using the Special Unique Value from a form field. Why would the Unique Special Value in a template column be different to the Unique Special Value written to the record form the form. They are essentially the same fields. My use case: I am trying to build a URL using the Special Unique Value in the template column in Glide as the unique record identifier. I am passing this value in a webhook as a variable to Integromat. The problem is that the unique special value that gets passed in the webhook is always different to the actual special value written to the sheet. In my video you can see that the webhook special value which I paste into the sheet to compare to the value written from the Glide form are different. I believe that they should be the same value as the webhook is a template column referencing the Unique Special Value field sent from the form.

Can you share a screenshot of how the uniqueID in the sheet is different than the one in the builder?

Hi Robert, I did a quick video (excuse the production!) to show you that the webhook template sends a different unique special value than the special value it is referencing in the editor. https://www.loom.com/share/0fea6083b0154fc98ac698612f617172

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: yeah, at first glance it looks like it’s opening a completely different ID than what’s written in the sheet. For laughs, instead of writing a unique ID, write your email address into that column to see if your email address appears in the web hook URL.

1 Like

Yip the email address works! https://www.loom.com/share/08d69ef0f49247658bb17abee9442718

Looks like the Unique Special Value isn’t being passed correctly to the template. However when you copy & paste the template it is the correct value!
https://hook.integromat.com/uuhvivvwrnpe55fqncnna2ch9ban7y03?recID=4188fa0f-fd6e-4101-a694-8851ba51ce42&start=7.37&end=10.37&hours=3.00
FROM THE GOOGLE SHEET - 4188fa0f-fd6e-4101-a694-8851ba51ce42

@Robert_Petitto, I tested the Unique Special Value adding a row & using the Unique Special Value from the form, it also changes & isn’t the same value when adding the row. So it seems as if this value can never be used in a template or adding rows to another sheet action. It is truly Unique!

1 Like

@Brad_Legassick
I can reproduce the issue. Please create a Support case by emailing support@heyglide.com. Reference a link to your post but nothing else is needed since I am able to reproduce the issue.

3 Likes

Hi @George_B, thanks I have done it but I received this response:

Address not found

Your message wasn’t delivered to support@heyglide.com because the address couldn’t be found or is unable to receive email.

Any ideas were to turn?
Cheers Brad

Really? Try support@glideapps.com. I know the other works but maybe we have a temporary issue.

Hi @George_B, I’ve emailed support@glideapps.com

Cheers

@Brad_Legassick
The bug has been identified and a task entered to have it fixed. I’m told it will be fixed in this coming Fridays’ release. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

4 Likes

Thx @George_B thats great news!

Hi @George_B Seasons Greetings! Just an update on the issue regarding the special value. It is fixed on a Form now when you add the Unique ID to the form submission & pass it with a webhook. That works great. However passing the Unique ID whit a webhook from a Details screen & adding the Unique ID as part of an add row compound action doesn’t pass anything at all to the webhook. Is that expected behaviour? Cheers Brad

1 Like