🆕 Deep Links

Maybe I missed something…
I added the button > show sharing options > link to current screen…
It works (only on mobile) but I don’t see how can I copy the link to clipboard?

1. Make sure your sheet has a row ID.
  2. View a details screen when running your app, not in the builder.
  3. You should see a deep link in your address bar. If not, let us know.
2 Likes

Thanks a lot David - I’ve tried to find a way to copy it in the builder and not while running it - my fault
Great feature! I was waiting for it for a long time! Thanks!!!

@david, this is amazing! Many ideas that I wasn’t able to build are now possible!

Thanks!

2 Likes

Please @david, is it possible to disable deep links?
We can’t play with too long URL and Glide title on share card like on screenshot.

1 Like

If you only want to share the root app link, then I would place the url in your sheet with a template column, then point the share action to that column value.

Doesn’t work. Shared link ex: //name.glide.io/ and not the current screen…

Can you please share a link to your app so we can take a look?

Tried to test it and only had Link to Screen, I do have a row ID, but not able have it as an option for the button to test the next step.

Thanks.

hey @Perrin,

You have to set the action to show sharing option. Then you will be able to select the “Link to this screen” option.

I hope this works.

Thank you.

Do you know if you rely on the link to use in an email etc. will it stay the same so it can be used or will the link change at any point overtime to break?

Thanks again.

It worked now! :grinning:
The links now point to each detail screen.
Perfect!

@Mark Would love for there to be a way to capture this url to a glide table columnupon form submission (just like rowed or unique ID).

6 Likes

Am still confused…after setting 'Show sharing options" and then “Link to current screen” what do we see or do? Press CTRL + C?

How did you do it? I also only get the main app link right now.

Hey @Ns_Melaka,

It seems it does not work on a pc. You have to open the app on a phone and get the link from there.

@Perrin I would assume it would stay the same, but there is encoded information in the URL with what looks like row id and a couple other pieces of info, like the app name and description. I’m guessing if you change the name of your app, or description, it may change the url, but maybe the rowid encoded in there would still get you to the correct screen in the app.

@Robert_Petitto I remember seeing a URL special value column in staging before they released it. I see it’s now there now. I wonder if it didn’t ever pan out for some reason.

Ya…not sure. It seemed to work in staging. I want it for private group creation. Whenever a new entry (group) is created via form button, a link to that group page gets created so that group members can share out the link afterwards.

1 Like

There is demo on my dummies guide to deep links…you can check it out.