Data Table Click on Row Action

Hi,

I have set up two tables:
Project Specifcations: Contains all specs
Specification Table Creator: Contains all groups with a match many link to Project Specifications

On the layout I have used a Custom conatiner to show the groups of specifications with repeating data table.

I have set up the click row action to show the detail as an overlay. I was hoping that the detail layout would be dynamic based on each row, however, it’s currently always showing the same one. Here i’ve clicked on CHA-04 but it’s showing CHA-02.

I’m assuming this is because the click action is actually set on the custom container rather than row itself.

My plan was to create a custom action that triggers when someone clicks on a row but that doens’t appear to be an option.

Does anyone know of a workaround other than displaying the full list of speficiations rather than the repeating containers?

Thanks

If you’d like users to be able to click into an item, you’ll need to use a different collection style. Data Grid is really meant for displaying and editing the items. It doesn’t allow for the “Show Detail Screen” action.

If you’d still like to show all those details you’re displaying in the data grid columns, try using a Template column to join & display those parameters in the details of a list collection!

3 Likes

Ok thanks Megann will give it a go.

@Si_Gal do you mind sharing how you’ve changed your page that show the data grids with with another collection style using the templates?

Your design looks nice and I’m currently searching for inspiration on how I can do the same as what you were looking to accomplish.

@hey rather than running the data table from the main table:

I have run the data from another table that groups the category. In this case, Chairs / Fabrics etc. On the layout I have used a Custom conatiner with a data table in each one.

That table looks like this:

I’ve have created a template colum in the main table that combines the project id and the category Id with a relation between the two. Each time a new item is added in the main column I run an action checks if the relation column is empty, if not, it will also add a new row in the groups table.

Hope that makes sense

1 Like

@Si_Gal , That is a great idea! Thanks for sharing this. Would you mind sharing what the collection looks like? I’m curious how you made the template look clean within the collection.

Is this what you are looking for?

ok I see. So instead of coming up with a solution to make a table clickable, you created category tables that live inside the custom container.

Ah, sorry. I didn’t solve that issue

Instead I’ve opted for a list collection and I’ve combined the text from the columns so show the info I want

A user can then edit from the drop down menu

1 Like