Creating PDF using Classic App

I have a classic app that I have a ton of work put into, plus still on a legacy plan…Trying to figure out how to create a PDFs of data I have in my app.

Currently I have been looking into PDFmonkey. I have a template that works and I have been able to create the JSON object to feed into it using their Test Data field. Template works great, all that is pretty figured out.

My issue now is how do I nicely feed this information into PDFMonkey and have it email me a PDF that I can then print out? Since I have the classic app I don’t have access to integrations, which seems like it would make this so much easier.

First I just want to know is this Glide > Make > PDFMonkey the best route? I tried zapier, but can’t do multi-step zaps on a free plan. Already plan on paying for PDFMonkey, so trying to keep it affordable otherwise.

I did try Portant, but they were not able to accept rows of items to be made into a table, which is important to me.

I’m currently stuck trying to get my Make Scenario to work. Will go through what I have so far.

Made a webhook in Make, that is setup properly.

Screenshot 2023-09-10 at 10.41.43 PM

Right now I’m a little lost as to what I should be feeding it. Right now I have been feeding it the entire JSON object. Here is an example of what I have going into the webhook.

{“title”:“EXT. AQUA LOUNGE - “,“scenedescription”:“Teresa talks about how great the midwest was.”,“overhead”:””,“scenenum”:“Scene 36C”,“totalshots”:“4 Shots”,“rows”:[{“line_items_name”:1,“line_items_size”:“WS”,“line_items_camera”:“Two shot on Teresa and Paz”},{“line_items_name”:2,“line_items_size”:“MCU”,“line_items_camera”:“Single on Paz”},{“line_items_name”:3,“line_items_size”:“MCU”,“line_items_camera”:“Single on Teresa”},{“line_items_name”:4,“line_items_size”:“MS”,“line_items_camera”:“Clean single on Drew”}]}

I setup my PDFMonkey account and I have generated some PDF, so I know that is connected properly, but it seems like my mapping is not setup correctly? This is the current error I’m getting.

I found out I was supposed to press Run this Module only to setup the mapping, but I wasn’t quite sure what to put here.

Screenshot 2023-09-10 at 10.44.14 PM

Would love to hear if there is a simpler way to do this or what I could do to get this current method to work. Thanks so much for your help.

1 Like

Most integrations are going to require you pay somewhere. Make → PDF Monkey will work, but getting the PDF Link back to Glide will require an upgraded Glide account if you only have Glide Tables (requires the Glide API). If you have Google Sheet as your source, then Make → PDF Monkey → Google Sheets is fairly low cost (you just pay for the PDF Monkey subscription then).

Here’s a PDF generation alternative from @Loqode

2 Likes

Thank you for dropping that link @Robert_Petitto!!! @Loqode great work on this. Thank you for the tool. This was so easy to implement.

1 Like

You’re welcome!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.