Creating an onboarding flow using tab visibility

Yes! But thanks for the response anyway :blush:

Yes, it was with rich text. I only set for the page

1 Like

Would you mind sharing the code for your progression indicators at the top of the screens?

2 Likes

@Robert_Petitto @BenzYaputra as I mentioned here, it was a simple Rich Text I used in every single page

<center><h3><font color=8854D0> ⬤ ● ●  <br><br>  

As I said also here, I used Link To Screen Action, so in each page I just changed the “progress indicator” dots.

• First Page

• Second Page

• Third/Last Page

7 Likes

Perfecto. I was trying to use emoji and I hated the way it looked. Thanks!

3 Likes

Nah lol

Use this website

4 Likes

Thanks @Lucas_Pires it is really helpful

2 Likes

Do your users face a blank screen like this one when they open the app because the image is not yet cached?

And the users end up pressing the next button and miss out on the onboarding visuals which are usually important.

3 Likes

yup

Sorry, which app?

I’ve had that happen when my phone was on low power mode and when I was using svg instead of compressed jpg.

Hi have an onboarding set up that stopped working…

I have users fill out their names and add an avatar to their profiles. When this is completed, a profile complete column changes from false to true. Tab visibility is set to this, where the onboarding tab shows when the users row is not true and the actual functional tabs of the app when it’s true.

Onboarding Visibility:
prof1

On the last onboarding screen, I have a text input for their name (minumum set to 2), then I have the submit button set to navigate to the homepage, but now when I enter one letter for the text input I immediately get taken to the homepage. It wasn’t doing this before, last time it would give me time to hit the submit button, then go to the homepage.

Is Completed Profile an if-then-else column?
What is the configuration of that?
Also, what causes LU-Tab Visibility to be not empty?

This is the setup:

LU-Tab Visibility is based on if the email adress is already registered as a business.

Okay, so I think the behaviour you see is expected.
If the text input component for their Name is writing directly to the First Name column, then as soon as they enter the first character, that column is no longer empty, and so that condition will return true.

The way I would work around that is to write to a User Specific Column first, and then use a Set Columns action to write the value to the First Name column when they submit.

1 Like

Ah, I see so create another column like ‘name-temporary’?

yep

1 Like

Set columns (for submit button) like this? I’m always confused by what to put in the first ‘row’ dropdown.

Good solution :+1:

Sometimes I also include a check box with something like

‘I have checked the above information and it’s correct , let me in!’

Then add this to the ITE visibility condition, seems to work and forces the user to check their data.

2 Likes

Yes, that’s correct.
“Row” is referring to the row that is going to be updated by the Set Columns action.
In this case, it’s the row in your User Profiles sheet (“This item”) that belongs to your user that is being “onboarded”.
Sometimes you might want to update a related row in another table. In cases like that, you’d have a single relation joining the two tables, and that relation would appear as an option in that “Row” select list.

1 Like