CRAZY USECASE: Overloading app in a level that created hours delay in writing to Sheet

@Mark_Turrell

If we use only Glide Sheets for one app, is it possible to connect a second App to the same Glide sheets? I think Ive only seen the option to use the same Google Sheet.

Is it the “Link to Glide Table” option when you try and add a new table?

Yep!

1 Like

It would be nice if we have action to copy glide sheet data to google sheet. Than i would love to use glide tables, please make set whole column action for transferring data

Are Google Sheets a good place for user profile sheets and can Glide Tables connect to Intergromat?

Users editing their profiles and selecting favorites are the only two things I can think of that might be happening simultaneously for a large amount of people.

Either are okay, but it really depends on your specific use case.
If you’re using row owners, but still want to make some data from your user profiles public, then it’s easier when you have a Google Sheet as the base. I generally always use a Google Sheet for my User Profiles, but that’s probably more personal preference than anything else.

Yes, via Webhooks.
You can also send webhooks using Apps Script. Personally, I use one or the other, depending on the situation. The main limitation with webhooks from Glide Tables, is that it can only be event driven. ie. as a result of a user tapping a button or some other actionable component. Whereas with Apps Script, you can create scheduled (time-driven) webhooks.

2 Likes

Ok thanks! How is it harder to make the data public in the glide table?

Down the line I’ll be implementing redemption function within my app, I feel I may run into this issue.

Well, with Google Sheets it’s very simple to create a read only copy of your User Profiles sheet using an arrayformula. (I seem to recall helping you do this with your app a while back). You don’t have that option with Glide Tables, and in fact I’m struggling to think of a straightforward way to do it.

1 Like

Oh I see what you mean! Visibility within the sheet itself. Do you think I may run into this kind of issue with a redemption function where many users may be clicking a button to redeem a product at the same time? A user has to click a button titled ‘redeem’ which where the button ‘used’ is then displayed. The user then clicks the ‘used’ button to finish off the process.

Are you concerned about the possibility of two users redeeming the same voucher at the same time? (and what the result would be if they did?)
That’s really a separate and unrelated issue, and honestly I don’t know what would happen. This potential issue has been discussed before, and a few of us have agreed that collisions are in theory possible. But I don’t know that for a fact, and have never seen any evidence of it happening.

1 Like

I was just thinking of the delays in writing to the sheet as mentioned in this thread. Step 1 needs to happen before Step 2. If many users are completing Step 1 at the same time I am wondering if there will be an extended lag where Step 2 will take some time to show up for users.

Is step 2 dependent on data syncing between Glide and the user device? (It sounds like no). If that’s the case, it shouldn’t matter how many users are doing it at the same time, as the actions happen on each users device.

1 Like

In Step 1 and 2 data gets written to the glide data editor. The date and time both are clicked.