Copy some details from one tab to another?

What exactly is your problem here? Do you want to copy some components from “Service Advisers” to “Technicians”?

1 Like

Yes.

I think you need to elaborate a bit.

Looking at your screen shots, it appears that your Service Advisers tab has just a single component, which is a Table Collection. And it appears that your Technicians tab has the same component, with the same data.

So it’s not clear what it is that you are trying to do. Can you please explain?

Need to transfer some data over from service to technician

Still not enough information, I’m afraid.

Which data?

Do both tabs use the same source sheet?

• If they do, then you can add whichever components you need and point them at the appropriate columns.
  • If they don’t, then you’ll probably need to create a relation between the two tables and then use lookup columns to fetch the data that you need.
  • Do you have a column in each table that contains common values that can be used to create a relation?
1 Like

I cant figure it out.

I’d really like to help you, but if you can’t/won’t answer any of my questions, then I guess we’re both stuck :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Sorry been busy at work.

In the screen shot I took for service adviser I want some of that data to show in the technicians tab vice Versa.
So the service advisor has a section they fill in so that info goes into the technicians tab and the techs fill in there section and in all when the service adviser looks what they have done they came see what they have done and how far they are in completing there section.

So in all service tab has both info in there tab.

|

Darren_Murphy Certified Expert
March 29

|

• | - |

I’d really like to help you, but if you can’t/won’t answer any of my questions, then I guess we’re both stuck :man_shrugging:

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

|

geordiep
March 28

|

• | - |

I cant figure it out.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

(Attachment 20-50-40.mp4 is missing)

THATS WHAT I WANT TO DO BUT NOT SURE HOW .

So those are two different underlying tables? I would say it doesn’t work because of that specific reason. Things may work if you have the same underlying table, but I take it your data structure is not like that.

So copy one structure to another then add what I need in the other ?.

How do I link them together ?.

yes I do, this is the only thing that’s stopping me to completing the app.

can anyone help?

Is it intended to be linked together though? Do you have the same data structure on the 2 tables?

Yes now I do like for like but just need to link them up.

If you can combine them into one table, then that would work, next step just filter the data accordingly based on the tab.