Configure Action ---> Increment Number

It will be better if there is an option for “Start From” in Configure Action —> Increment Number.

Use Case : At present, in one of the Employee tables, there are 3 rows, EmpId - 1, 2, 3. Now, already three rows, at this stage if I add the Increment Number option, EmpId will start from 1 whereas actually EmpId should be 4 instead of 1. If there is an option of “Start From”, we can give their 4 as a start number.

I hope many of us would like this feature.

What I would do in this case is create an onboarding flow that every user must go through upon signing into the app (even if it’s just to explain the app a bit) that ultimately uses a set column action to write the number 4 in the increment column.

@Robert_Petitto, my scenarios is, un-signed employee can furnish their detail for first time registration and at the time of add/save record, EmpId need to increased by 1, i.e. last EmpId + 1.

I created a video guide that shows how to do this a while back.

Might not be exactly what you are looking for, but I’m sure the technique could be adapted to fit your use case.

@Darren_Murphy First of all I would like to say thank you very much for your guidance. I have watched the video you have uploaded here. Will try as per your guidance and revert.

@Darren_Murphy Yes, I got the result with help of your video, thanks again.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.