Community Challenge: Create a Glide University course (winners announced!) 🎓

:drum: :confetti_ball: :mega: Introducing...

Glide for Growth

How Business Owners Can Simplify, Automate, and Scale with Glide

11 Likes

@Darren_Alderman
I watched the entire course, I loved both the Glide-related content and your video-creating skills. I’ve suddenly become attentive to the software used, the effects and editing, Youtube thumbnails, etc.

I just created a video which I submitted to Glide University. It was a humbling experience. To all of you video content creators out there – the Darrens, Bob, Jack, Cait, Gideon, Marco, Stan, and all the others – the videos you create day in and day out, whether on Youtube or in Loom, are impressive. Hats off to you.

8 Likes

Whew, creating courses is tough! Just finished my first one, learning lots about video editing software along the way.

“Getting Started with Push Notifications”

7 Likes

Woohoo can’t wait to watch!

Just keep publishing and tweak one thing every time. :wink:

My tweak this series was adding B-roll when sharing examples. It was fun! And Descript made it super easy.

My biggest limitation is time. Sure I could practice my scripts more to make my videos less choppy, more natural. And I’d love to have sexier graphics and transitions like Jack/Glide, but I have to remember I’m a one man show over here. And there are dimensioning returns after awhile. So I just do everything as fast as possible in Descript. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Completely agree! As a one-man-show, I only have so much time. Love the graphics you added though. Gave a nice touch.

2 Likes

@NoCodeAndy when will winners be announced?

1 Like

The team’s reviewing all submissions this week. Winners will be announced next Monday. :slight_smile:

Thank you to everyone who submitted!

6 Likes

Thank you so much. Wow :hushed: :pray:

Congratulations to all who took part. Helping others, contributing to the community, helping in our own little way to build Glide are all wins.

For me personally, this experience was humbling, it was truly a challenge. I’m hoping it was just the start of a journey for me. It was my first time creating video, and other than my occasional posts here and there in the community forum, it was my first time creating content where I put myself in front of a camera and mic. It was very, very intimidating. I enjoyed every second of it, from choosing my tech stack to preparing the content to recording to posting in Glide University.

My next steps now are:

• First and foremost, to keep at it and find some sort of consistency. I’m almost done with my next course.
  • To promote the content. There’s no point in creating content if it doesn’t reach its audience.

I hope the course will be helpful. It’s in French. I used OpenAI Whisper – shoutout to Thinh for the recommendation – to append transcription and translations in French, English and German into the video.

All Glide University Courses

My first course: Introduction à Glide

6 Likes

@nathanaelb - I’m tearing up. :smiling_face_with_tear:

Thank you for taking the leap to get on camera.

Heck, I’ve been doing it for years, and I’m still riddled with anxiety every time. :sweat_smile:

It’s daunting, but it’s worth it, and Glide University is that much better thanks to your contribution.

I can’t wait to see your next course…!

5 Likes

Thank you @NoCodeAndy! This was a fantastic challenge and congratulations to all that participated. We have some truly talented instructors in our midst!

4 Likes