Cloudinary: Image Filters and Overlays in Glide!

Hi @Robert_Petitto, thanks a lot for these 3 tutorials.

In my app, users generate a QR Code > then select a “standard instructions” image from the app (ie. how to use the qr code).
I would like to generate a final image combining the QR Code image & the instructions;

“Overlays” seem promising but:
1/ is it possible to automate the overaly encoding (cf. the 60+ caracters step)?
2/ and (in complement of an approach proposed by @Krivo) is it possible to position the selected image just below or above the overlay?

Thanks in advance

The base64 encoded url is tricky to automate.

There is some discussion of it here:

An importJSON api might do the trick? @ThinhDinh to the rescue?

1 Like

The base64 encode script is here, you can add it to your script then use it as a formula.

=BASE64(URL)

To automate that, add in the copy down trick.

1 Like

Many thanks @ThinhDinh and @Robert_Petitto, I will give it a try!

And regarding positioning one image below or above the original one, should it work with the width-heights parameters?

Thanks again

I would do it as below:

• Have a completely blank image as the “base”.

• Your QR becomes an overlay that would be positioned at the top of the base image.

• Your text becomes another overlay that would be positioned just below that.

So it would look like: prefix - l_fetch for QR - l_text for the text - base image.

That should work.

1 Like

Or if he has some time to design the base image, add the text right into that base image (assuming it won’t change). Only the QR overlay to take care of.

1 Like

That would be the easiest solution!

1 Like

@AyS_0908 if you get it working and you want to share please share. I hope you fort enough info to pull it off otherwise write again😀

Thanks to all, I will deep dive into this … I’ll let you know!

2 Likes

Hi @Robert_Petitto. Understand that you are the Cloudinary expert of the community.
My organization would like to move from plastic to digital member cards. Would it be possible to show number and name of the logged in user on a image template? I am not at all familiar with Cloudinary so the steps to do it would be helpful. Regards Ralf.

@Ralf have you looked at this post

Concept: Sending digital membership card after subscription

2 Likes

If Ralf needs help setting it up I’ll be willing to provide instructions via personal message :smile:

That would be great!

@ Thịnh Đinh Thank you very much for your assistance! Both Glide and Cloudinary are both awesome! Here is the result:Exactly same layout as the analogic plastic card.

4 Likes

Ahh that looks great! Congratulations.

This is what a member who has not paid the fee see!
Not paid

6 Likes

@Ralf cool. Well done👍

2 Likes

Interesting story?
@ThinhDinh 23, Vietnam helping @Ralf 78, Sweden!

5 Likes

78 years young! You learn incredibly quick.