Clean app

How do you create a clean app with no data in it?

As far as I know, apps must be created with sheets that contain at least a header row for it to work. Others feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.

1 Like

He is right. You need header rows for it to know where to place data. Or to retrieve data for that matter.

By “clean” do you mean a blank app template?

yes sorry i meant a blank app template

No worries :slight_smile:

The solution is quite simple. Check out the template section in Glide, pick one that has a structure that is similar to the application you seek, copy the template, delete any data that might come with it by default , and then you have a blank app to customize as you wish.

The above being said, I highly recommend that you take the time to learn the basics, then follow the Build an app from scratch tutorials. Understanding the basics will allow you to build your own apps as well as better understand the functionality of templates built by other Gliders.

Cheers!

Try looking for a free template. Unfortunately a higher price doesn’t mean a higher quality in the app store just yet.

After deleting sample data it does t allow me to put my own data back into the cells. The template is Equipment and asset manager please help