Classic vs Apps

I KNOW IM NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT FEELS THIS WAY.

Why is the new PAGES update not compatible with the whole platform/classic apps. it’s only a few features that could be included> containers and actions. Which could be added to the classic apps. I hate how the CTRL- CLICK ELEMENT FEATURE is not on the new app and we have to take away from .io to .page which to me is lame. we should have an option to choose all in one.

Also he map scrolling feature omg it drives me nuts

To us builders it seems like Classic apps and Glide apps (Pages) are similar but for a few components, but really they are different under the hood. If you miss features from Classic apps that you would like to see come back in Glide apps, you can vote on feature requests or make your voice heard via posts in the forum :slightly_smiling_face:

I realize they aren’t the same. That’s my issue.

I VOTE FOR ALL THE FEATURES TO BE TOGETHER ON ONE PLATFORM

I completely agree with this statement. It was the very first thing I noticed, when Glide Pages was rolled out. I’ve made several attempts to request this feature with no response.

However, classic apps will never be one platform with the new apps. They’re built off of completely different infrastructures.

3 Likes

:sob::cry::sob::cry::sob:

I am new to the new apps,
and am surprised that play/select modes were supposed to be shipped back in Oct’22. What happened meanwhile?