Choice component: display "all" when no choice?

Hi, I have several choice components: 2 are “required”, and 2 are “not required”.
Via Filters, an inline list is bound to be displayed according to the user’s choices.

I thought that Glide would filter on the basis of the “required” choice components, and, if the “not required” ones are not selected, it would display all results in the inline list.
In fact, it displays only the items which are empty on the criteria linked to the “not required” choice components.

→ I tried to play with the new filter’s criteria (“is included” etc), but I don’t manage to get something efficient. Do you have any clue?

Thanks

I just create another inline list with no filter conditions and have it only displayed when the choice component(s) are empty.

2 Likes

Can confirm I also use the method as Kyle mentioned above when I have to use a choice component for a filter.

1 Like

Thank you @ThinhDinh @kyleheney.
Hum… this means many inline lists if several choice components ; I’m wondering if there is not something more scaleable to do in the builder with if-then-else & template columns… Will be fuel for thoughts !
Thanks

1 Like

You can set it up so that the full list is only shown when all choice components are empty (use AND conditions). This way, once the first one is filled, the full list disappears and the user has to continue picking the next choices to make the filtered list become visible. You could also add a text component to be displayed if all the choice components aren’t filled (just to add some clarity for users)… like “Please select all choices above”. Similarly, you can add a text component to say “Sorry there are no results” when the selected choices result in zero items in the filtered list.

1 Like

Simple and effective!

2 Likes

@AyS_0908 What if you used the same approach as your “Dynamic Group-By”, and brought in all the choices into your content sheet. Then through various If Then columns, you could set true or false if the filter condition is met. Then have a final If Then that checks the individual If Then columns and returns True if all other conditions are met. Else it returns False. You should only need one list that’s filtered on the final If Then column.

Thanks @Jeff_Hager, I think that you’re right, this is a lead to look at ; I’ll try and let you all know, and if it appears to be too complicated, the @kyleheney solution is a good backup plan!
Thank you all

1 Like

Well, I’ve “played” a little bit with your idea @Jeff_Hager ; while I think it’s more solid, given the nb of choice components, it’s also many columns to deal with.
So, lazy, I will do the @kyleheney approach which is indeed quick!
Thanks all

1 Like