Change in the way column date data are handled

Is there any change in how the column data in a form are handled?

I have a “today” column in my user profile that takes today’s value (as a date) in YYYY-MM-DD format.
I use it in a booking form to populate the “Date” column of my booking table, use the user email to automatically register that too, and let them just specify a booking resource.

For a couple of weeks now, the date inserted from this column is now in yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss.SSS'Z' format instead of YYY-MM-DD breaking a lot of formulas for me :frowning:

Sadly, we cannot specify the date format used by a column reference field in a form.

Any idea folks?

The only way I’ve found to reliably deal with this is via a script:

But… you mention that this breaks formulas. I would encourage you to investigate the option of moving those formulas out of your Google Sheets and into the Glide Data Editor.

I would love to be able to use the glide data editor but it’s too basic, I have some of those beauties/beast:

=IFERROR(QUERY(Booking!$A$2:$C,"select C where (B='"&$C513&"' and A='"&TO_TEXT(K513)&"')"),"")

or

=IFERROR(IF(ISNA(QUERY(Booking!$A$2:$D,"select D where (B='"&$C513&"' and A='"&TO_TEXT(Config!$C$2)&"')")),FALSE,QUERY(Booking!$A$2:$D,"select D where (B='"&$C513&"' and A='"&TO_TEXT(Config!$C$2)&"')")),FALSE)

and some Google App Script for data manipulation (since the action editors isn’t powerful enough yet).

Nice work with your script to fix dates btw :wink: