Change content daily based on some logic

Hey everyone,
I’m thinking if it’s possible to achieve the following scenario in Glide:

If a specific user sees 3 cards today, and if she checks the app tomorrow to see the next 3 cards and so on…
Basically, to limit a specific user to only see 3 cards/day and every new day to display the next cards 3 cards and so on. Or to have some sort of randomizing the cards displayed so each we display 3 new/different cards.

Would such logic work in Glide?
Thanks a lot,

Hello, excuse the English of google :rofl:

I have not created something like that, but I see it very possible. these are my thoughts

1.- that the data displayed on cards have ID
2.- you would need a counter to know how many cards the user has seen
3.- a column to accumulate the id of the seen cards
4.- filter the screen of the cards that do not show the accumulated in step 3 and order them randomly

This is very interesting @JuanM!
I would message you in private maybe you can help me with this :slight_smile:

How many cards do you have in total?

Following @JuanM’s idea, I would do something like this:

• Have a button to know the first day the user logs in to your app and create a profile.
  • Create a Math column to calculate the number of days it has passed since the user first logs in.
  • Use a lookup - array index trick to get the index of the cards - from top to bottom.
  • Create a “Pack index” column that uses the formula below.

FLOOR(Index/3)

So the Pack Index of 0, 1, 2 would be 0. 3, 4, 5 would be 1. 6, 7, 8 would be 2.

Filter the list of cards like this: Pack Index equals to user’s “Days passed since 1st log in” column.

So in the first day they see 0, 1, 2. Next day they see 3, 4, 5 etc.

The downside to this is that if they skips a day then they will never be able to see the pack of that day again, I guess.

1 Like