Can I create a store section in an app that is not a retail app entirely?

So I have an app I created but it’s not really a “store app”. I just want to include a simple product section for users to purchase items if they want to.
Does an app have to be a completely dedicated “store” app in order to incorporate a shopping cart section? Can I have a “product” table and let that be the table that will link to the “add to cart” button?
I’m new to this and maybe I’m thinking this is simple in my head when really, it’s a complicated process :see_no_evil:

No, not at all.

Yes, I believe so. Although I’ve never actually used the Shopping Cart/Buy Button feature myself. Just be aware that this feature might eventually disappear once Apps are fully migrated to Pages. Doesn’t mean you won’t be able to build Apps/Pages that allow for in-App purchases, but it could become something that isn’t natively supported by Glide.

Bit confused, will apps no longer be created with Glide???..I just subscribed!!!

Yes, you don’t need to be concerned about that.

The current (older) Apps product will eventually be replaced by the (newer) Pages product. But “Pages” will be used to build Apps for both mobile and desktop. Probably all seems a bit confusing if you’re new to Glide.

To get a better understanding of Glide’s vision, watch the video below:

4 Likes

Yes, I need to catch up :+1: