Calendar layout - Time of the events is changing while I type the data into the app

Hi all,

First of all, I just wanted to say thank you for your help with my previous posts.

I got a problem, I created an app with the calendar layout and I set the few events at the same time on the same day. I want to have those events at 12am. It’s very important cos I don’t want to order them by the older/newest. I set the order in the google sheet and I want to follow that order in the app too.

Also, I wrote in google sheet exact time of the event: day + hour. Which is usually current day + 12am.

However, once I type down data/numbers into those events via app, the time is changing and it cause another problem with the order. The order of those events is important because based on that I can analyze data by itself in google sheet.

Could you please tell me if there is any chance to make the time of the event firm? That It won’t change?

Thank you in advance! :slight_smile:

It looks like it may be taking the current time of when you entered the data???

How are you entering the dates? Are you just typing them in or using a date picker?

2 Likes

Yes, exactly it takes the exact time of when I entered data.

I wrote the script which gives me the template with the dates set ahead. I mean, I usually prepare the google sheet with the dates for next few weeks/months with the order. And based on that set the calendar layout.

1 Like

Can you include a video of the bug in action?

2 Likes

So if I understand correctly, you prefill the sheet with dates using a script, but when you change anything unrelated to the date/time, through the app, then the time gets updated?

Yeah, a video would be great. Can you also show what the data looks like in the sheet and what it looks like in the glide data editor before and after you change data in that row through the app? My initial thought is that maybe you aren’t structuring your date/time very well. Glide can do some amazing things with text and create a date out of normal text. It may be misunderstanding the time portion of the date/time you entered on the sheet and converting that text to a date with current time when you edit the row. To understand what I’m talking about, check out this thread: Fun with Dates

3 Likes

Thank you for your help! I solved the problem… I spoke to the team and They were changing manually time, (hours). All good then, thank you again Legends! :slight_smile:

2 Likes