Being able to link to chat outside of menu or tabs

Being able to link to chat outside of menu or tabs, for example having a link in a homepage or something.

1 Like

I came here looking for the same solution and I saw your lonely forgotten post just hanging out here so I got inspired to do a work around and It worked.

Here’s how I did it

1. query your Glide chat reference into another sheet include all
  2. (Optional) On the second page you can create an image column that fetch your users image and place it next to each comment.
  3. In glide create your Button, or action text that will link to this second page whenever clicked
  4. Format your layout however you prefer I just use list, and wrap text. and set to show details when clicked. Sort also by sheet backwards. to see the most recent comments
  5. Insert comment component and set comment to reference Topic. You will automatically see all the comments regenerate in this page. because glide connects the history of comments by the topic.
    You will be able to continue the conversation here although started elsewhere.
  6. In your glide sheet Remove all components that show the text from the second sheet you don’t need it since the comment section will be showing a live actual conversation of that topic.

Caveat: You can’t start a conversation here, you can only continue it
I have comments for various things all over my app, so I created one page with all the comments grouped by topic. This way anyone can be a part of a specific topic without needing to dig through the app to find it.

It doesn’t link to your actual chat to start a conversation but it connects you with all or any specific chat you filter to continue a conversation.

1 Like