Autocomplete Location/Address Entry Component

only way I’ve seen this is here:

2 Likes

good one, lots of work but good! but one problem… so many languages have so many characters lol… way too much work

1 Like

What exactly to you need the count for? You can set a max length, which will show a count of character on the screen as you type, but I’m not sure if that would help for what you need it for.

i need to know how many characters is in the string, or how many spaces string includes, but in glide, i know how to do it in g-sheets

Got it. If I think of a better method, I’ll let you know

1 Like

i cut it down to 5 seconds after you stop typing… just be aware someone else might be typing address in the same time… this is a public app… in your own app we can make it User specific.

if i can find the way to push glide to write text entry to G-sheet, every character or space… that would be great

2 Likes

That’s amazing! Congratulation!

1 Like

This is fabulous! I have a project that will need this too. Genius! :slight_smile:

1 Like

thank You!

Excellent, great job :clap:

1 Like

This is really good. Only issue is that this would have to live on the user profile sheet so that way users aren’t overriding each others Address entries. This means you can’t have it in a form yet.

But man o man this is exceptional work!

1 Like

I intentionally made this sample like that… so anybody can check it out without signing in, in real App it can operate on user specific columns combine with User profile column

1 Like

Exactly! Just clarifying the limitations of your brilliant development here.

Have you tested how long it would take for a user to get an address look up if tens or even hundreds of users were doing at the same time?

I have a real use case for this functionality, but I want to make sure that it’s feasible and doesn’t result in a poor user experience.

@Robert_Petitto no, i don’t have hundreds of users… lol

I did a little improvement… now is showing flag and currency!

1 Like

let me know if you don’t see your country flag, I’m still working on it. tnx…

@Uzo This looks awesome! Is there a way that we could get access to the script?

I have my users manually typing addresses and the manual address entries are often wildly inaccurate especially with them adding things like shop numbers and mall names. Would LOVE to give your approach a shot in my app.

Also, I wonder if the response could be faster if we force the result to be within a selected country?

I manage to cut response time to 5 seconds, this is the best possible interaction with Glide.

Hey man! Can you share the script used in your App?

which script? this app has lots of scripts…