Array column summary

Is one able to summerise values in an array column according to their sum?
e.g in columns Fruit 1, Fruit 2, Fruit3, Furit 4 & Fruit 5 lets suppose Fruit 2 & Fruit 4 and Fruit 5 are all “Apple”, the array summary should be able to return 3 Apples…

Help anyone…

1 Like

Yes this you should be able to do in the editor without recourse to sheet formulae (loads to choose from).

Let me find the thread for you.

Many thanks, waiting :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Hello sir,

I am sorry I could not find any threads on this topic. Stupid me assumed the query was in relation to dynamic filtering of a single column with items bearing the same property.

Anyway, here we go. I have done one for you. It’s on tab 4. No sheet formulae or relations. Basically we are splitting the array using ITE & Joinders. We are avoiding everything else. There are so many ways you could achieve this, and I am sure you will be able to build on my example.

Thank you

an example like this

1 Like

That’s what I initially assumed until I read “array column”… Check my example.

Oh oops
I watch …

1 Like

Oops sorry did not add the link…just make a copy.

how many fruit type column there are ?

3 but i used two for the example

From simple If / Then between the Search column and Col1, 2, 3, 4, 5 then a calculation of the Total
It’s not very beautiful or practical

1 Like

That’s not my example

uhmm I was on the question of @Keith_Chikumbirike !!!???!!

Peut-on additionner les valeurs dans une colonne de tableau en fonction de leur somme?
Par exemple, dans les colonnes Fruit 1, Fruit 2, Fruit3, Furit 4 & Fruit 5, supposons que Fruit 2 & Fruit 4 et Fruit 5 sont tous «Apple», le résumé du tableau devrait pouvoir renvoyer 3 pommes…

1 Like

Oh I see…what you mean. Even my example could be improved on drastically.

1 Like

Oh sorry @Wiz.Wazeer
I haven’t seen your app link.
You’ve done a few good things already.
Sorry …

2 Likes