Hi everyone! I have a question about the App Visibility conditions in Glide, specifically the options for Title, Description, URL, and Icon.
I’m trying to solve a small issue in my Pokémon TCG store app and was wondering if these conditions could help me avoid duplicating screens.
Here’s my setup:
I have a screen displaying all the cards I currently have for sale. When a user selects a card, it opens a detail screen showing all the information about that card.
At the bottom of the detail screen, I have a Profile component displaying the artist’s information, along with an action that opens a new screen showing the artist’s profile and all the cards I have illustrated by them.
Here’s where the problem starts:
When a user selects a card from that artist’s collection, it opens the same detail screen used by my inventory. The artist’s profile and the action to open their collection are still there, so the user can navigate back to the same artist’s collection and repeat the process indefinitely.
I could create a separate detail screen and duplicate the components from my inventory screen, but I’d prefer to avoid maintaining two versions of the same screen if possible.
Is there a way to use App Visibility conditions (Title, Description, URL, or Icon) to hide that action when a card is opened from an artist’s collection? Or is there another way to prevent this navigation loop without duplicating the detail screen?
Sorry for my English, and thanks in advance for your help!
Greetings from Mexico!
Hi everyone! I have a question about the App Visibility conditions in Glide, specifically the options for Title, Description, URL, and Icon.
I’m trying to solve a small issue in my Pokémon TCG store app and was wondering if these conditions could help me avoid duplicating screens.
Here’s my setup:
I have a screen displaying all the cards I currently have for sale. When a user selects a card, it opens a detail screen showing all the information about that card.
At the bottom of the detail screen, I have a Profile component displaying the artist’s information, along with an action that opens a new screen showing the artist’s profile and all the cards I have illustrated by them.
Here’s where the problem starts:
When a user selects a card from that artist’s collection, it opens the same detail screen used by my inventory. The artist’s profile and the action to open their collection are still there, so the user can navigate back to the same artist’s collection and repeat the process indefinitely.
I could create a separate detail screen and duplicate the components from my inventory screen, but I’d prefer to avoid maintaining two versions of the same screen if possible.
Is there a way to use App Visibility conditions (Title, Description, URL, or Icon) to hide that action when a card is opened from an artist’s collection? Or is there another way to prevent this navigation loop without duplicating the detail screen?
Sorry for my English, and thanks in advance for your help!
Greetings from Mexico!
Hi everyone! I have a question about the App Visibility conditions in Glide, specifically the options for Title, Description, URL, and Icon.
I’m trying to solve a small issue in my Pokémon TCG store app and was wondering if these conditions could help me avoid duplicating screens.
Here’s my setup:
I have a screen displaying all the cards I currently have for sale. When a user selects a card, it opens a detail screen showing all the information about that card.
At the bottom of the detail screen, I have a Profile component displaying the artist’s information, along with an action that opens a new screen showing the artist’s profile and all the cards I have illustrated by them.
Here’s where the problem starts:
When a user selects a card from that artist’s collection, it opens the same detail screen used by my inventory. The artist’s profile and the action to open their collection are still there, so the user can navigate back to the same artist’s collection and repeat the process indefinitely.
I could create a separate detail screen and duplicate the components from my inventory screen, but I’d prefer to avoid maintaining two versions of the same screen if possible.
Is there a way to use App Visibility conditions (Title, Description, URL, or Icon) to hide that action when a card is opened from an artist’s collection? Or is there another way to prevent this navigation loop without duplicating the detail screen?
Sorry for my English, and thanks in advance for your help!
Greetings from Mexico! ![]()