Added a sort feature to the app. The changes do not reflect until the user signs in again

My app’s URL: It’s a client app. Do not want to share the link here. Will shortly create a mockup and update this bug with a link.

But I am not sure if there will be a way to illustrate that in the app, given all users signing in to see will already have it sorted.

2 Likes

I don’t thik it’s a bug. Sort functionality on lists sorts it for the end user but not for the person building the app.

Hey @S_C

End users tested this. The sort changes were not reflecting even after page refreshes.

1 Like

That’s bad. Sorry I misunderstood. I thought you meant end users were seeing it already sorted.
The good part is that now you can share the video of that and submit it to Glide so that it can be resolved.

Can you explain in a little more detail how you are attempting to sort and how it’s not working?

Hey Folks,

I am sorry I am unable to replicate the issue. The sort I am referring to is the “Sort by Sheetorder”

Screen Shot 2020-08-03 at 11.24.35 AM

When I changed this to “Sort by Sheetorder Backwards” for the first time for a client application which is published, the changes were not reflecting for already signed in users (client browser)

Though, now when I am trying it again on a new app and it seems to works alright.

We can close this issue.

cc: @S_C, @Jeff_Hager

1 Like

Design changes, such a changing sort order, are not immediately changed until the app is force closed and reopened. Data changes however, will sync immediately. Usually the design changes migrate to the user’s device after some time, but force closing and reopening the app usually does the trick to get the latest design changes.

2 Likes

Design changes are eventually automatically rolled out to users without a force quit, but there can be quite a delay. We try not to restart the app on the user too frequently.

2 Likes

Ok. Thanks for the information.