🙏😍 Add Query function to Glide Tables, Please!

Got it. So the only way to get the public information from row-owner-protected User Profiles is to use a Google Sheet, and it won’t be possible even through the relation + lookup right? Till now, I have been solely only using Glide Tables, so should I just make their Google Sheet equivalents? I didn’t do it till now due to performance concerns.

1 Like

Yeah, if you need a “Public” version of your User Profiles table, then I think the simplest option is to move it to a Google Sheet, and then make a read-only copy using a query formula.

In terms of performance, I wouldn’t worry about that - as long as you keep all of your calculations/computations in Glide then you should be fine.

3 Likes

The only other alternative is to change your app flow, so some of the information is written to the private table and some of the information is written to the public table. You could always use the relation/lookup to bring information from the public table into the private table, but not the other way around.

The google sheet method would be the easiest, but if you wanted to stick with glide tables, then you would have to rethink your flow a little bit.

3 Likes

Thanks…Any screenshots for this?

Something like this.

thank you, let me check it out

1 Like

Implemented

2 Likes