Accurate map coordinate

For those looking for accurate coordinates, have a look here. I’ve seen there’s an API though I haven’t tried yet, it seems interesting to me.

Interesting concept but it appears there API doesn’t convert an address to GPS coordinates and/or their “3 word” GPS URL. Their mobile app does but from the quick look at the API it doesn’t appear that is something they offer.

Yes, some of the phrases you can pick from, just from the area within your house’s footprint, can be pretty funny.

I went down the IMPORTXML path (combined with my own API Key pray I stay under $200 per month) and pull coordinates in nicely now from Google’s API. Should probably have used Mapbox, I’d guess it’s cheaper… but for now that’ll do as I don’t foresee costs creeping up just yet.

I’m assuming you mean $20???

:smirk: You had me worried for a moment… so went and checked the billing limit. $200 USD it is. :+1:

Pay-As-You-Go Pricing

The Geocoding API uses a pay-as-you-go pricing model.

How usage and billing work under the pay-as-you-go model

• The Google Maps Platform APIs are billed by SKU.
  • Usage is tracked for each Product SKU, and an API may have more than one Product SKU.
  • Cost is calculated by: SKU Usage x Price per each use.
  • For each billing account, for qualifying Google Maps Platform SKUs, a $200 USD Google Maps Platform credit is available each month, and automatically applied to the qualifying SKUs.

I was just thinking giving Glide $20 a month to handle geocoding, unless you’re unhappy with Mapbox results or doing a large amount of geocoding.

Ahh gotcha! It could scale to be the later… so it makes more sense for me to wear the ‘cost’ for the geocoding… until it doesn’t. :wink:

1 Like

Fair enough. :+1: