Accepting Payment Via Stripe

Hello community - first time poster and quite new to Glide.

I’m wondering about connecting with Stripe - what is the best way to allow customers to pay for my services which are priced in the table dynamically using a form?

I’d rather not pay for the Glide Business plan to enable invoicing, as its not within budget for my early stage startup.

The ideal situation is that customer clicks “BUY NOW”, stripe finds their customer account which has a card already saved (in stripe), charges card, issues paid invoice for customer records.

Happy to get into Zapier if it solves my issues.

Has anyone found a workaround?

1 Like

You have options. My favorite one is using payment links. I also leverage Payhere to embed the link directly in the app. Here’s one method:

4 Likes

Can you explain this part? What role is the form playing in this flow?

Make.com might have a more friendly pricing structure for you.

Hey Robert, thanks for the advice

I’ve landed on a solution I think will work fine for now. But I have come into a new problem.

I have 12 different stripe checkout payment links for 12 different prices. The prices are determined by the quantity and suburb chosen by the customer.

I have a table (below) with the Tier (suburb), quantity, and the corresponding payment link

How do I call the correct link to my jobs table, which will ultimately be used to direct the user to the link? The job table already has the values ‘quantity’ and ‘suburb’, which is related to a ‘tier’, so theoretically it shouldn’t be hard to return a link based on having these 2 values, right??

Any insight much appreciated!

Correct. You’ll need to use an If Then Else column (in the users table most likely) to determine which payment link id to output. Then relate the ITE column to the payment link from the table. Then a look up to return the link.

Hi @Kurt_Penberth may I ask how you solved the issue? I’m also looking for a similar option without having to go with the business account right away…

Cheers,
Rafi

Solved! I ended up using a template column which combines QTY and TIER, did the same in the payment links table, related and looked up the link. Voila! Thanks for all your help.

1 Like

Hey @Raphael_Aebersold , bit of an ugly workaround but it works for me because my customers can save their payment methods. I have created a stack of Stripe checkout payment links, and used conditions to call the correct payment link into the necessary table as mentioned above. Obviously stripe cannot be embedded in Glide, so it has to be external, but I set up a redirect after checkout that comes back to the app.

1 Like

Hi @Kurt_Penberth
Ah, got it. So it sends you to stripe and then back again. Thanks :slight_smile: