Ability to Change Favorites Choice Component Text and Symbols

I would like to use a function very similar to the in-app favorites feature to store items in a “planner.” If I had the ability to change the symbol of the favorite button (maybe a plus instead of a heart) and change the text at the top of the choice component from “FAVORITES” to something custom that would be fantastic. I know I can do this with a form and custom choice component but I cannot simply use the heart functionality by doing this approach. I’d love to hear your thoughts.

You should be able to customize the favorites text. I believe there is a setting in there somewhere to set the list label.

If you want something custom then you could build your own favorites functionality pretty easily using a checkbox or switch that fills a user specific column. Then you can build a choice component in the horizontal segmented layout and use it to hide or show different filtered lists depending on the choice. This post doesn’t have exact examples, but should give you an idea of what I’m talking about:

1 Like

I like it. Thanks.

1 Like

I am using the favorite image overlay to do it so I ran into issues doing that. I did find a workaround however. I can add a favorite element within the list item and change the list label there. Then, so I don’t see the favorite overlay on the image as well as this new favorite component I changed the visibility of the component to always be hidden. This changes the “FAVORITES” text that was automatically generated before. Thanks for the help!

1 Like