A book reading App

Great work, looks beautiful.
I was trying to play with the floating buttons to be horizontal as well. Will love to see this css as well as for the setting and read buttons aligned so beautifully :clap:

1 Like

@yinon_raviv thank you… i added new buttons, audio and images… in progress

Beautiful tribute to the author. Great quality app ! I really like the ergonomics, exemplary ingenuity.

1 Like

It’s not my favorite book :wink: but i like the concept.
Only when I am ‘reading’ it seems every page needs substantial loading?
It that my local problem or a known thing for others as well?
That makes a big difference with an ePub.

1 Like

no, it is instant… i just added effect of turning page, so it feels more like a real book.

Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 12.39.33 PM

1 Like

Then I think only one turned page would be even better!

yes, but the problem is that there is no way to have specific time of showing image… glide have a up to 5sec delay.

1 Like

ah, i understand!

1 Like

thats why is random… i set time to 1 sec… but it takes up to 5 sec to refresh

1 Like

and the upload for english audio is finish… and working in Glide.

Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 12.59.34 AM

2 Likes

Very nice audio player :wink:

1 Like

I’m building this App, with all my experience and functionality to upload any other book… and it should be good and running in a minutes… :wink:

1 Like

And the Book App is finish!
4 languages for text, 1 (english) for audio, and lots and lots CSS tricks!

Bible-StructureArt

LINK to the App
I can easily convert this App to any book…
Anybody know list of links to illustrations for bible… for each chapter of each book to download? no way i can do that manually :wink:

3 Likes

Cool app - I went through and took screenshots of things that could be improved :slight_smile: hope this is helpful :slight_smile:

1 Like

thank you… it looks like your phone is not handling CSS very well… or you open the app while i was updating it. Can you check again? danke shon! But i’m sure is something wrong with uploading images on your phone… i see there is a half of the button which is a single image.

The header scroll problem has gone away because you are doing that differently now :slight_smile:

When choosing settings while reading, the language images are no longer with a square type transparency shadow - now they display nicely :slight_smile:

And the cut off Read button on the home screen is cut off on Safari and Chrome (both updated with latest)

It loads really slowly - might be worth looking at the Dev Console and see if there are errors that are causing slow loads.

I am on an iPhone 12 - ios 15.5.1

i checked on all my devices… and it work good and fast, you probably experiencing slow internet connection… thats why is loading so slow and cutting off images.
i checked on safari, chrome and android… i did not check iPhone yet… 4G, 5G and cable… on 3G i have 10-15 seconds loading time for the first run.
this App is huge!.. whole bible in 4 languages and audio… plus images.

68Mbps on the iPhone 12 — and the image is still cut off

on the same network on the desktop (42mbps Mac - Chrome) - image NOT cut off

And in landscape….

It’s not a load problem on the image, as the image appears. There is some kind of overlay, maybe some means of spacing the images, that ‘cuts it off’