25,000 Row Limit

I understand that for the majority of the Glide creators 25,000 rows is plenty but I am getting dangerously close to needing more rows. Will there be a option in the future to add more? One of my apps currently sits at 21,793 rows and 129 sheet tabs. I have been able to offload some of these rows using scheduled and triggered scripts to store data eleswhere and recalling data back into the app as needed. But these work arounds feel temporary and I would like to see an option for more.

1 Like

Not sure if you saw this, but take a look.

I have a good feeling that apps going beyond the limit tend to make Glide apps slow, so you might want to take that under consideration.

1 Like

Mine has not yet and thats with it being used by tons of people. You just have to know how to display the data.

Yeah, from what I’ve read from the dev’s the 25k rows isn’t an actual restriction they’ve imposed. Apparently, past 25k rows Glide just starts hitting bottlenecks. So they can’t really support problems faced with the product past 25k rows. I’m assuming some major lag, perhaps not pulling in all the data.

There’s also Google Sheets own 5m cell limit to consider.

1 Like

I guess my fix will be a permanent one.

1 Like

If I am correct, @Jeff_Hager performed some test, and up to 100k rows of few columns, no impact on performance. It depends of the gsheet architecture and contents in terms of formulas, I guess.

1 Like

Here’s the link on the post :
https://community.glideapps.com/t/sheet-with-24k-rows-to-start-with/7929/7?u=christophe_hk

1 Like

I’d be interested to know more about your work around using google scripts.

Background: I am launching a social app for parents as it relates to COVID closures of schools, and hoping to get 5000 users, in the next few months. Each user will be able to make 1-20 groups and communities, so those group sheets could get up to 100,000 rows. Also we allow posting to a feed, and supposing each user posts 20 posts that could get up to 100,000 rows quickly too. I could make posts temporary and just delete rows after a certain amount of time, so that’s not as much of a concern, but the groups are permanent.

Glide Sheets might come soon to remove this bottleneck, hopefully.