23 duplicate entries using "Add Row" action

I think I discovered something that may or may not be related. I mentioned the issue in this thread: Reset Multiple Rows At Once . I sort of fixed it, but that fix only works for the user that adds a task item to the list. What’s happening in my case, is that the action that’s supposed to happen when list item is clicked, is firing when a new row is added. It should only fire when a list item is clicked by the user. To get around it, I have a set column action that clears the column that was inadvertently set, after the add row action, to clear the value that should only be set by clicking on a list item. Somehow, my column value is getting set even though I’m not explicitly setting it. The problem though, is that if another user has the app open and someone else adds a row to the list, it fires that list click action for all users once the new list item pops up on the on the screen.

@Mark I wonder if something similar is happening here, where multiple people have the app open, and when a row is added, an action fires on all user devices that currently have that app open and it adds multiple rows because the action is firing on multiple peoples devices??? Or maybe other users are doing something in their app and it fires the action over and over for the one user that had just added a row??? Not sure if it’s the same issue, but there is definitely a bug with actions being called when not initiated by the user. Could be a nice future feature to automatically active actions without user input, but I’m guessing that’s not the intention here.

2 Likes