1000+ rows relations/rollups/lookups causing delayed item detail screen

what is the best way to deal with thousands of rows (lets say 1000 rows)

each row
there are columns with rollups to get total or unique values
there relationships to the same table (1000x1000) to return lists of related rows (I am guessing this is where the most delay happen)

whenever I click on a product to view its product detail screen… it takes way too long to load.

What is the best way to deal with this? also considering that I have created my own custom cart/checkout.

1 Like

I’m a little surprised that you’re having this problem. In my experience, once all the data is loaded into the client device, then navigation around the app is generally pretty snappy - even with lists targeting tables with several thousand rows.

Could you perhaps post a video so I can get a feel for how bad it actually is?

If I was to hazard a guess, my suspicion would be that it’s the details screen itself. How heavy is that in terms of images?

Just as a point of comparison, in one of my apps I have a table with just shy of 7,000 rows. That table is referenced by at least a dozen other tables via relations and rollups, and various filtered lists of the data in the table are presented in several screens throughout the app. I also have at least 5 or 6 different details screens configured for that table, and none of them are in any way slow to load.

5 Likes