Write an array column (via Lookup) to Google sheet

Hola @Mark, thanks for replying

My request is simple, as you know, a lookup is an array column with multiple values. Any lookup using a simple relation can be only used with a Template, Math, IF-Then-Else tool or into a single value component, this is understandable but what if the lookup uses a multiple relation and its result generates a kind of list (like a unidimensional array column)?

I’d like to write that list (lookup with multiple relation) to one cell in my GS in order to have that info and handle it later. Something like my picture shows bellow:

To get it, the only way is using a Form and associate my lookup colum to one cell of my spreadsheet by choosing a column component but currently, Glide does not allow it, only lookup with a unique value (single relation) can make it. Why? I don’t know :upside_down_face:

If Glide can generate dynamic lists using multiple relations why we can’t use these lists (working as an array column) and save it to GS? . On APPs like Delivery where the user can select N items from a list, this improvement will save a lot of work and data without creating more columns, templates, math operations, etc.

I hope it can help you to understand this problem which has a simple solution: allow the Form’s Column component to use a lookup (single or multiple relation) and write its data to one cell in any spreadsheet.

Thanks again for your help.

Feliz domingo!

3 Likes