Using App W/O Internet Connection

I’m not sure this is actually Glide related but I need some help. I am creating an app for disaster response and would like to make it where the user can access data and upload images without internet connections. Does anyone know how this can be done?
Thank you

2 Likes

This may be next to impossible considering Glide is cloud-based and relies heavily on spreadsheet data from your cloud-based Google Sheet. I’m not sure if this is even on their roadmap. May be a pro feature.

1 Like

@Carlos_DeSilva is almost right. He just needs to remove the “may be next to” in his reply and replace it with “is”.

1 Like

Thank you both for the reply. It was worth a shot :slight_smile:

In some remote disaster scenarios the responders are provided with satellite access to internet capabilities. But to even suggest that cell providers would ever lose connection to the internet, even in the event of a major earthquake, is just blasphemy. :astonished:

Progressive Web Apps will get offline persistence built in over time… consider it on the roadmap / futures for the entire format of PWAs. I’d hope Glide to have it on their roadmap given the nature of what we’re all looking to (possibly) build… we all want this! :+1:

2 Likes