Hi Glide Community!
Just found out about Glide a few weeks ago and I’m looking forward to building with it!
My first test is to build a baby name app for my wife and I to use. The idea is to collect all names, allow each person to give their own rating to the name, favorite the names, etc.
I’m having trouble with the rating component. My goal is to have 3 ratings fields:
- My rating
- My wife’s rating
- The average rating between the our two scores
(apologies to all of the Anderson’s out there…)
I added the “Rating” field, but as this is a user-specific field, it doesn’t seem like there is a way to:
- Display the rating of another user on my view (ie here’s what you rated this name, and here’s what your wife rated the name)
- Create a formula field that would average the two together.
So please correct me if I’m wrong, but there’s no way to do this using the ‘Rating’ field type, right?
So then I thought about building a separate table of Ratings, holding the name (in a relation field), the rating, and the user who added the rating. Something like this should solve all my problems, right?
But that doesn’t seem to work as on the record details view, there doesn’t seem to be a way to:
- Display the individual ratings without adding a related table (ugly - I’d prefer this all to be on the main detail view)
- Add/edit your own rating
I hope I’m not overcomplicating things here. Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this?
- Individualized ratings by users (displayed and editable on name detail view)
- Separate field that displays the average between all of the ratings for that name, also visible (non editable) on the name detail view.
Thanks for any guidance and help!