User ratings, would be great!

Dear all,

I am currently working on a business app, using Glideapps.

I am a bit stuck with one of the required feature : 5 stars rating (or let say, user rating). A way for users to rate, from 1 to 5 for example, and for me to get the result in a cell.

I know html tags and css scoped style is not supported in rich text, but I don’t see any other way to achieve this.

Many thanks for the help on providing this feature (with added value!) or any tip!

Cheers

It may not be an aesthetically pleasing option, but you could have a CHOICE component, a column somewhere with ★, ★★, ★★★, ★★★★, and ★★★★★ … Possibly as a submit FORM component button, or in the pencil in the upper-right if you allow edits. Once this is done, you can have an IF column from GLIDE connect each star with a PNG/JPEG of your star ratings like so ★☆☆☆☆ in a 3:1 ratio picture. Or, just use rich text. But, I don’t know how to change text alignment from LEFT only for rich text, that’s why I usually resort to IF ⇒ Value ⇒ picture.

Yea, so, the initial input will probably have to be a CHOICE component placed somewhere like a form button, edit form, or something else not as instant as touching each star. For now! :smiley:

2 Likes

Similarly to the answer above in one of my apps (expense tracking), I have a submit expense form in which there is a choice component with 5 options, 1 to 5 stars.
Everytime I submit an expense, I get a new row in my expense tab with a column for rating where the result is populated.
Hope that helps!

Great ideas, many thanks guys, I will give a try! :+1:

Here is one way to do it:

2 Likes

Many thanks George :+1:t2:

How would I go about implementing this into my movie App?

I’m working on a convoluted solution…but it’s pretty! Sneak peak:
Glide · Create Apps from Google Sheets (3)

2 Likes