Updated docs for security and user data

Hi there, I’m reading the docs at Row Owners | Glide Docs and wondering if anyone knows if it’s still relevant. I’m a bit lost because the top of every page says the following:

Meet the new Glide Apps

Glide Pages are now Glide Apps. Please refer to this article for up-to-date information, as some of this documentation is outdated.

… and yet the linked article doesn’t show where to find the latest documentation

In particular, for the specific page mentioned above, I’m wondering about the image shown under the Example 1: User Profiles section.

The “Public Profiles”" and the “Private Profiles” screenshots of the Glide Data Editor (‘GDE’) look the same to me.

I get how the two underlying Google sheets (“Staff” and “User Profiles”) are different, but wanted to see how the GDE translates the linked columns (using =ARRAYFORMULA) into Row Owners or other appropriate security construct in Glide

There is a big difference if you look close. Notice the little indicator icon which shows you that Row Owners is applied.

You will also notice that when Row Owners are applied, unowned rows will appear greyed out in the data editor. This is to show you that those rows will be inaccessible to the user you are previewing as.

3 Likes

Aha! I needed my reading glasses on :laughing: :mag:

You will also notice that when Row Owners are applied, unowned rows will appear greyed out in the data editor

Well noted indeed. I also stumbled on this video Glide: Row Owners and Roles DEMYSTIFIED by @Robert_Petitto, hugely helpful in making sense of it all :pray:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.