Tutorial: Arrayformula in Google Sheets, good practices & how to overcome Arrayformula restrictions with scripts

This concept app does exactly that (and more)…

1 Like

Sorry, did not understand how to use arrayformula to count the exact number of True in several columns. I wrote the numbers I expect in red square.
img-2021-04-05-23-33-26

What layout do you expect? Do you want a checklist or do you want something like what Darren did in the link he provided?

Either way, the idea is to use a relation and have a joined list column linking all the items chosen together, then write them to the Sheet using a set column action.

2 Likes

Here’s the formula to do so.

1 Like

Ok I will try that strategy then. What I was expecting is for the User to fill out a form and can select multiple options at once from a list.
i.e. Food Cuisines App
Options: “French, Chinese, American, Peruvian”
User Selects : “French, Peruvian” as their 2 options

Then question is followed by Favorite Areas To Eat
Options: “Houston, Scottsdale, Salem”
User Selects: “Houston, Scottsdale” as their options

Then Google Sheet holds
User’s Name
Users Food Cuisine
Users Favorite Places to Eat.

Not sure how to do it so that the User isn’t selecting from separate dropdowns each time in order to create a list :frowning:

Best,

Holal @bradsigep,

This post mught give you an idea of how to do it. Reset Multiple Rows At Once

Do you really need that info in the Sheet? Not saying that it can’t be done, but it would be easy if you don’t require that. You can store those boolean values in user-specific columns and give users a checklist layout.