Timing Out Loses Data

I have created an app for the heating and air business that enables users to capture measurements of a home for the purposes of calculating the proper size system replacement (number of BTUs and corresponding tonnage recommendations).

Depending on how many floors there are in a home, there can be a considerable number of data points and pics to gather. My users are telling me that they have been almost finished entering a new record, have to do something that takes time, or they receive a telephone call, only to find that the data they have entered is gone. They had not had the chance to select the Add button.

Any recommendations on how to prevent this? The users are all using iPhones and the data is all in Google Sheets. Should I break up the number of fields to be entered at any point in time, so that the same record is continually being built as they complete each section?

Thanks for any ideas any of you may have.

Hola,

Reading your case, you should do this:

• Your APP’s privacy must be Public with email in order to create and use USC (user-specific column) and hold this data at anytime.
  • If you are using a native form, there is no way to avoid this (no matter the privacy settings) therefore, you have to create/use a custom form.

Saludos!

Thanks Gvalero. I’ll try that.

Is there a setting of some sort in Custom Forms that prevents the time out from happening?

Hola de nuevo,
The problem with native forms is that all default values are empty/zero always, even, you can’t create or use any relation because of it.

Here is a tutorial to create a custom form written by Darren time ago. If he could receive $1 for each time his post is tagged or mentioned, he would surely have a new car!! :sunglasses:

Saludos

4 Likes

haha, do you know how much it costs to buy a car in Singapore?? :scream:
Maybe a toy car :oncoming_automobile: :rofl:

4 Likes

Don’t lose the faith! :sweat_smile:

Seeing the current price of gasoline in Singapore, I can imagine what you mean. Although we are on the opposite side, other factors also make it difficult to buy a new car here. :zipper_mouth_face:

We have 2 gasoline prices: a subsidized price (what you see in table) and the normal price (what 90% of people pay), the last one costs US$ 0.5 per liter

Feliz día @Darren_Murphy

2 Likes

heh, the fuel price in Singapore is high, but that’s a minor consideration when it comes to owning a car.
We have a thing called Certificate of Entitlement (COE). Every car in Singapore must have one, and you cannot own a car without one. It’s something that’s done to control the number of cars on the road and avoid the insane traffic congestion that you see in other large Asian cities. A COE lasts for 10 years, and the price fluctuates from month to month based on supply and demand. Currently, a 10 year COE for a family sized car is going for just under SG$100,000. And this is before you even pay for your car…

WTF? almost US$7,000 annually!! :upside_down_face:

You are definitely right, you need a toy car! :grinning: