Subdomain setup with DreamHost

Hello,

I am unable to setup the custom domain on a subdomain. I have the main domain at novaviallc.com. The subdomain is orders.novaviallc.com.

I setup the subdomain records as specified, however, I have not (and I am not able to) change anything about the main domain records.

It is still showing that the CNMAE record can’t propagate and they are not linking.

Can you help me figure out what am I doing wrong?

Thank you!

You have orders.orders in your custom records. Shouldn’t that just be orders?

I shared the wrong screenshot, it is actually orders. My apologies!

Okay, what are the error messages that you see when you click on the red info icons?

“Record not found. It can take up to 24 hours for DNS changes to take effect, so please check again later.”

But it has been three days already.

Okay.

orders.novaviallc.com definitely doesn’t resolve, so that indicates an issue on the Dreamhost side.

$ dig orders.novaviallc.com

; <<>> DiG 9.10.6 <<>> orders.novaviallc.com
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NXDOMAIN, id: 9054
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 512
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;orders.novaviallc.com.		IN	A

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
novaviallc.com.		10	IN	SOA	ns1.dreamhost.com. hostmaster.dreamhost.com. 2023062603 17777 600 1814400 300

;; Query time: 280 msec
;; SERVER: 172.17.5.68#53(172.17.5.68)
;; WHEN: Thu Jun 29 01:22:58 +08 2023
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 111

From what you’ve shown, it looks to me that it’s correctly configured. I think you may need to reach out to Dreamhost support :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Thank for the help Darren. I reached out to them and they fixed it. It was that when I follow the instructions and I copy orders and post it there, it actually create it as double orders.orders. Which was not visible to me (was visible on one of the screenshot).

So anyway, they removed that and it got fixed.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.